£20 million SME Brexit Support Fund open for applications
Smaller businesses can now apply for grants of up to £2,000 to help them adapt to new customs and tax rules when trading with the EU.
The £20 million SME Brexit Support Fund enables traders to access practical support, including training for new customs, rules of origin and VAT processes.
Small and medium sized businesses that trade solely with the EU – and are therefore new to importing and exporting processes – are encouraged to apply for the grants.
What can the grant be used for?
You can use the grant for training on:
- how to complete customs declarations.
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems.
- specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin.
It can also be used to help you get professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
Who can apply?
Your business must:
- be established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status.
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations.
- have no more than 500 employees.
- have no more than £100 million turnover.
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Your business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods.
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but require additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain).
How do I apply?
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is administering the grants for HMRC.
Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.
Apply online here.
MATCH is working hard to keep on top of all the latest news and government support so, as always, feel free to get in touch if you have any queries and we’ll be happy to help.
MATCH Accounting Limited